Monday 25 January 2016

Mixed Media Monday - A Vintage Lady

Hello all!

I would like to start by thanking all those lovely people who have viewed my page and made very kind comments about my projects, it is truly appreciated!

Now, although today is my mixed media post I have made a card.  This hopefully shows that adding  layers of different mediums and textures can be adapted for all types of crafting, including cards.

I will be entering today's project into the following challenges...

*  Sweet Sketch Wednesday - Using this sketch...


* IndigoBlu Challenge Blog - Anything Goes (using IndigoBlu stamps)
* Sweet Stampin' Challenge Blog - Vintage/Shabby Chic Theme

This was a fairly quick and straightforward project (well compared to a lot of what I do!) and this is some of what I used, in particular you can see the IndigoBlu stamp sets that were chosen...
I did spend quite a bit of time looking through my IndigoBlu stamps to decide what I wanted to do, and I already have some other ideas that I will be trying out soon!  However in the end I decided to use my 'Mr Darcy' set and the lovely vintage lady image (I am sure it is Elizabeth Bennett but she could be anybody you want).  I bought this set because I love Pride and Prejudice, but all the stamp sets I have from this company are stunning. 
The paper that I chose is from Bella Rouge by Prima, and once I had chosen this piece it led me to my colours for the rest of the project.
To create some more interest on the background I used the IndigoBlu flourish stamp, which I stamped in sepia Versafine, and a mini dots and circles stencil by TCW which I used with champagne sparkle paste.  I chose both of these to match in with the patterns on the main stamp image...
Next I moved onto the focal image.  I stamped and heat embossed my lady with gold powder and also a simple sentiment separately.  I then chose a teal type blue from my Inktense pencils to match the paper and create a background wash for the image and sentiment.  I wanted the flowers on the lady to stand out like the ones on the paper so used a bright red pencil for these.  After cutting out the image with a circle die the edges were inked with Vintage Photo distress ink...
After watering down some Goldfinger paint (IndigoBlu) it was flicked over the background and the main images to add a bit more interest and a more vintage feel.  To finish it off the layers were matted onto brown and vintage gold card, and ribbon and flowers added as embellishments...


I really like having the different textures as I think it adds another dimension to the card and hopefully it has an elegant vintage feel to it.

Thank you once again for coming over to have a look and read, I will be back on Wednesday with another project.

Happy crafting ,

Jane x


No comments:

Post a Comment