Friday 26 February 2016

Funtastic Friday - Love Canvas

Hello! 

I hope you have had a good week and are looking forward to the weekend.  I am going up to Farnborough in Hampshire tomorrow for the 'Make It' craft show, so am really looking forward to that, and my Monday post might be showing you what I bought!!

On to today and I have now created the third and final canvas for my trio.  Hopefully on Sunday I will get the frames done and they can go up on the wall, I will take a photo if it happens.

I will be entering this project into the following challenges...

* More Mixed Media Challenge - Red
* Mixed Media World Challenge - Love is in the air

I started my last canvas by thinking about the embellishments that I wanted on it.  As it was going to be 'love' I wanted hearts.  The other day I saw Fran Seiford from Stampendous on the HOCHANDA craft channel and she was using embossing powder on shapes with a hot plate.  I loved the effect and thought it could probably be done in the melt pot. 
I die cut a heart 5 times and glued the layers together before putting it on a piece of heat proof mat in the melt pot with a layer of clear ultra thick embossing powder...

 
I was concerned about the glue melting and the layers coming apart, they did slightly and the heart wasn't as flat as it had been to start with but I quite liked the effect.  I had also forgotten that the melt pot slopes slightly so had to prop one end up to level it out.  I ended up taking the mat away so that the heat could get straight to the shape as it wasn't melting evenly, and even though this got the melted powder on the pot it was fine to clean up.  Despite all this it was still good fun and I went on to add aged gold and glittery gold powder and some red chunky glitter.  After inking up a script stamp with black staz on I stamped into the molten powder as soon as it came out of the pot and removed it when it had cooled.  I was so busy trying not to burn myself or anything else that I didn't take any more photos in the pot but here are the embellishments made and cooled...
 


I then started on the canvas by sticking a sheet of IndigoBlu Grand Tour paper onto the canvas board.  After adding some watered down Goldfinger paint I then gilded the edges with gilding flakes...


I then used the same script stamp from earlier to stamp text onto areas of the canvas using brown staz on.  Texture was added using the 'Art Is' stencil from TCW and a heart stencil from Heidi Swapp using sparkle paste...


Using Word Blocks #1 by IndigoBlu I stamped with versamark and embossed with gold.  After die cutting it out, it was coloured using vintage photo and tea dye distress inks and then some more hearts stencilled onto 2 corners...


 
Once the main elements were attached I added copper micro beads, some red seed beads and gold gems.  Finally splattering some gold paint to add a finishing touch...
 




I hope you liked this final canvas, I will now need to find something else to do!!!

Have a good weekend,

Jane x

No comments:

Post a Comment