Monday 22 February 2016

Mixed Media Monday - 'Hope' Canvas

Hello all!

I hope this new week sees you all well.  I seem to suddenly be really busy with different things to be made, in-between taking children to parties and other things, but I did manage to get my second canvas made for my wall.  After planning to make another small one I decided to go for it and do the 12" x 12" one instead.

This canvas will be entered into the following challenges...

* Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers - M is for mixed media
That's Crafty Challenge Blog - Circle It
* Sweet Stampin' - Glitter and Sparkle

I want all 3 of my canvases to be individual but also to blend together and look like a set, so I have kept certain elements the same for each but changed the words used and the theme of the embellishments.  This time I started by sticking a sheet of paper from the Vintage Memories collection by IndigoBlu onto a canvas using mod podge...


This paper was a much lighter colour than the previous canvas so I added prima bloom sprays (mostly to the open space), allowing some drips to add interest.  The colours used were antique gold, gold foil, worn leather and tea stain.  To frame the piece I then added gilding flakes around the edges with my flitterglu...


 Then it was one of my favourite parts, adding more texture!  I wanted to follow the shape of the pocket watch as a theme throughout the canvas so decided to use some of the circle stamps from 'Don't Forget to Fly' by Finnabair and a dot stencil by That Special Touch and Mini Well Rounded by TCW, with decadent oak and champagne sparkle texture paste...


 Whilst this was drying I chose 3 more words from the Word Block #1 stamp set by IndigoBlu.  I decided on Hope, Celebrate and Thanks and stamped each using versamark and heat embossed with gold powder.  They were cut out with a die and then coloured with vintage photo and tea dye inks (blotting the middle with water to lighten up the main word) and finally some extra stencilling added to the corners...


Finally once the words were stuck into place on the canvas I sorted out some clock related embellishments.  A chipboard clock and hands were embossed with aged gold powder by Stampendous and the rest were parts that were ready to be stuck on.  After sticking these on with glue gel I added micro beads (copper and bronze), glass beads (butter) and sparkly gems.  The very final touch was to add some splatters of Goldfinger paint across the whole canvas...






I set the hands of the chipboard clock at 11 O'clock as this was the time that I got married, then I noticed that the clock on the paper was the same time!!  Obviously this canvas was meant to be.

I will be making something different for my Wednesday post, but will probably make my third canvas for Friday, then it is just a case of painting the frames and getting them on the wall (that will probably be the most challenging part!).

Enjoy the start to your week,

Jane x


No comments:

Post a Comment