Monday 15 February 2016

Mixed Media Monday - More Stampbord!

Hello all,

Just a quick post today as I have been feeling poorly over the weekend, just a virus but it meant I didn't feel like much crafting :(

As a quick crafty make I decided to create another notebook using some more of the stampbord on the cover as well.  I went for a simple sea themed design, mainly because we live about 2 minutes from the sea and the Isle of Wight is surrounded by it, but also I do like shades of blue.

I coloured the notebook covers using distress paint (tumbled glass and peacock feathers) then also sprayed them with some peacock feathers distress stain and tinsel spray by Heidi Swapp.  Using silver texture paste I stencilled on some shell designs to create a bit more texture. 
I wondered how the sprays would react on the stampbord so gave it a try and it created quite a good bubbly pattern where it sat on the surface until I blotted and dried it.  The stamps used for the pieces are from a sea set by IndigoBlu and the bubbles were stamped in silver encore ink and the sentiment with versamark then heat embossed in white.  I did a little bit of scraping back with the tools to create a bit of a border on the squares and a little bit of highlighting.  The edges were all coloured with a silver paint pen and some dots added to the cover with a white posca pen.  Here is the final piece, front and back...




I am feeling much better today so hopefully I will have a more detailed post for you on Wednesday!

Enjoy the rest of your day and the new week, Jane x

No comments:

Post a Comment