Wednesday 16 March 2016

Wonderful Wednesday: A Mixed Materials Notebook

Welcome to the mid week post!

I have only got photos of my finished piece today as I only decided what I was making as I went along with this project.

I will be entering my notebook into the following challenges...

* Creative Carte Blanche - Triple Trouble, 3 things that don't go together (corrugated paper, lace & metal)
* A Vintage Journey - Destination Inspiration Travel Bag (board, metal, pale purple & rust effect)
* Mixed Media World Challenge 12 - Vintage
* That's Crafty - Stencils and Masks



I started by painting a piece of 6" x 6" chipboard with white gesso, then used Andy Skinner's 'French Elements' stencil with white crackle texture paste. 
Once this had dried I attached a piece of torn corrugated cardboard along the bottom using 3D matte gel.

The whole piece was then painted using shy violet chalk paint from Cosmic Shimmer.
To highlight the texture I dry brushed some Miss Moneypenny paint by IndigoBlu across the project then added Pebeo gold gilding wax.  A piece of crochet lace was then glued to the bottom of the board.
A flower was then stamped and die cut from the Heartfelt Creations sunflower collection and coloured using dusty concord and seedless preserves distress inks.  After being shaped it was attached to the board along with a selection of paper flowers using 3D gel.
A rusty look was created using bronze micro beads and rust coloured glitters, and was added to the project mainly around the flowers, along with some lilac and bronze half pearls.
The final element was the metal.  I used gold coloured wire which was cut and then curled around a brush to create spirals and placed around the flowers focal point.



The whole project was then put together using the Cinch machine to bind it into a journal or notebook.

So overall quite an eclectic mix of materials were used for this notebook!

I will be back on Friday and hopefully will remember to take some step by step photos this time. 
I hope you enjoy the rest of your week,

Jane x








No comments:

Post a Comment