Friday 22 April 2016

Funtastic Friday: Mixed Media Love Canvas

Hello once more!

Well this has been a busy posting week for me, I will be going back to my usual posting next week on Monday, Wednesday and Friday but think I will add an extra day of blogging on Tuesday's and call it 'Design Team Tuesday' (I do like my alliteration!).  That way I can show you the other couple of projects I have already made plus create some other projects using the sets that Leonie brings out.

I thought I would round off my week of Leonie design team samples with my favourite type of project...mixed media :)

Here is what I used to create the canvas...


I really wanted to use a real mix of mediums for one of my design team projects and so decided to get out my gelli printing plate.  I applied red and gold acrylic paint to my gelli plate and then pulled off a print onto card.  Then I placed the different sized love masks on top of another layer of paint (remembering to put them upside down) and put the same card on top and pulled off a second print...


 
Once totally dry this was stuck firmly to a 6" square canvas board.
 
Using the stencil part of the love kit I then used sparkle texture paste onto the board for some added dimension.  Using one of the heart stamps, flitterglu was applied and then gilding flakes added... 
 

 
I then chose another heart stamp and stamped it using versamark and heat embossed using gold powder.  These were then coloured in using Pitt pen markers (Faber Castell) and cut out...
 

 
Some of the other hearts were also stamped directly onto the canvas board using versamark and heat embossed with gold powder too and then the cut out hearts added...
 
 
The main 'love' image was created by drawing around the mask onto a separate piece of card.  This was then cut out and versamark applied.  It was heat embossed twice with ultra thick embossing powder and finally with a layer of red powder.  Finally a hint of gold gilding wax was added to the word and parts of the canvas...
 
 
Here is how the canvas looked when put all together...
 
 
This was great fun to make as I got to use lots of my favourite products!
 
Hopefully this week I have shown you how the new masks and stamps from Leonie can be used in a real variety of ways. I will show my other samples on Tuesday's starting next week.
 
Have a lovely weekend wherever you are and whatever you are doing, especially if it's crafty!
 
Jane x
 




No comments:

Post a Comment