Wednesday 20 April 2016

Wonderful Wednesday: Home Plaque

Hello!

If you managed to tune in to HOCHANDA I hope you enjoyed the shows!

Today I am posting one of the projects that I made as part of Leonie's design team with a few extra photos to show the steps.

When I received the stamps and masks I wanted to make a range of items as my interest is in creating not just cards but also home décor, mixed media and altered art pieces.  When I saw the 'home' mask I knew straight away that I wanted to create a plaque with it and had the ideal piece of MDF in my box!!

Here are the products that I used...

 
The very first thing I had to do was drill holes in the plaque with my dremel tool, always a hairy moment!  But it went smoothly and was then ready to be painted with black gesso.
I chose one of the masks that fit perfectly onto the plaque and stuck it down with repositionable spray glue.  Using spray inks by Dylusions (white linen, fresh lime & calypso teal) plus some gold, I spritzed onto the plaque.  Once it had dried a bit the mask was removed, then the rest could be finished using a heat tool ...
 

Using one of the fine flourishes from the stamp sets, I stamped around the edges of the plaque and heat embossed with gold powder.  I decided that the focal word needed to be more prominent and so using a gold paint pen added dots around the letters.  Gold gilding wax by Pebeo was added around the edges and I then sprayed the plaque with clear varnish which actually caused the inks to gain a pitted texture which I quite liked!...


Using the same ink sprays I covered a piece of card in colour then using some of the flowers and leaves from the stamp sets stamped in versamark again and heat embossed in a matching gold powder.  Once these were cooled I cut them out...



I spent a bit of time playing around with where I wanted them to go, then when I was happy stuck them down using glue gel.  Finally I used some gold coloured wire to be able to hang it...




My very first project as part of the design team!!

I will be back on Friday to show you how I made a mixed media canvas using the 'love' mask, it was particularly good fun as I got out my gelli plate and lots of mediums!

Enjoy the next half of your week,

Jane x



 

No comments:

Post a Comment