Friday 20 May 2016

Funtastic Friday: Leonie Pujol - Flight of Fancy

Hello!

Well I can't believe that another week has already gone by and it has been really exciting seeing the launch of Leonie's new stamp sets.  I truly enjoyed working with these so much, and still have ideas buzzing round my head :)

The final project I will be showing you this week is using some more of the butterflies but this time the group from the Flight of Fancy set...


I love making 3D and home décor projects so I started with one of the gorgeous MDF boxed from IndigoBlu.  After using gesso to prime the MDF I applied Whisper chalk paint from Americana Décor and a little bit of blush gilding wax around the edges...


I then used 3 tones of pink Spectrum Aqua pens to create a background of colour on a piece of card and cut the pieces to the size of the box.  Using the swirl stamps from the Flight of Fancy set I heat embossed using pink powder to create my background pattern.  The edges were then deepened with some distress ink...


Next the patterned pieces were all applied to the box using Mod Podge to glue and then seal them, and a bit of gold gilding wax added...


To add an extra vintage feel to the box I swiped my versamark pad around the corners and added aged gold embossing powder from Stampendous.

I wanted to have my group of butterflies (a kaleidoscope) somehow flying above the box so decided to use acetate.  I stamped the group onto heat resistant acetate with versamark and embossed with gold powder.  I then cut the group into sections and used super sticky tape to attach them to the sides of the box to create a bowed effect on different levels...


Finally I wanted an extra little feature for the top of the box so stamped a butterfly from the Flight to Freedom set onto gold card and embossed in gold along with the word 'Fly' from the Flight of Fancy set.  These were then attached using some glue gel...




A very vintage and aged looking box!

I hope you have enjoyed seeing some of this weeks samples in a bit more detail.  There are more projects to help inspire you over on the blogs of the other design team members so do please pop over for a look using the links below...

* Nick: http://nickinbarnsley.blogspot.co.uk/
* Katrina: http://cornishkat.blogspot.co.uk/
* Elaine: http://cakecoffeefcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

I will be back from next week with design team samples each Tuesday, and on Monday I will have my usual mixed media project, so I hope you will come by again then!

Have a lovely weekend,

Jane x


No comments:

Post a Comment