Wednesday 25 May 2016

Wonderful Wednesday: Feel The Beat!

Hello, I hope your week has been good so far!

A quick post today of a card I have made for the Sweet Stampin' Challenge blog whose theme this week is Terrible Teenagers...

Now I do have one teenager at the moment (although my 11 year old could be!!) but luckily she isn't that terrible.  However I do know that she is very fussy about what she considers 'cool',  so I really wanted to have a go at creating a card that would hopefully be suitable for a teenager...


I knew that I was going to use one of my stamp sets from Visible Image as they make some really different stamps that I know my daughter likes!
The background was created first using ultramarine and turquoise brusho powders spritzed with water.  Then I used a Stampin'Up! star stencil with silver sparkle paste from Imagination to create extra interest.

The main drummer image was stamped onto heat resistant acetate and embossed with silver powder before being cut out...


I had pieces of the background card left over so stamped the sentiment in the same silver powder before cutting out with a Heartfelt Creations die.  I then used star dies from Stampin'Up! to cut a variety of stars from all the left over pieces...


The card was then put together using vintage silver card for the mats and layers and glue gel to provide an extra bit of dimension.

I think this would be a suitable card for a teen as it is quite simple and I really like the colour combination and music theme.

I will be back on Friday with a few different design team samples from the new Leonie Pujol stamp sets, all with a hearty theme.

Enjoy the rest of your week,

Jane x

No comments:

Post a Comment