Wednesday 18 May 2016

Wonderful Wednesday: Leonie Pujol - Flight to Freedom

Hello!!

I am so excited to now be able to show you one of the samples that I made for tonight's launch of the brand new Leonie Pujol stamp sets!

I totally love butterflies and sentiments so this new collection was an absolute joy for me to work with, so of course the first project that I want to share with you is going to be full of butterflies plus a fantastic sentiment!

The plaque is made using the 'Flight to Freedom' stamp set and it started with an MDF frame...


After coating it with gesso to prime the surface I painted the whole frame using Lace Americana Décor paint then a layer of crackle glaze.  Once it had dried I painted the frame with blue Americana Décor paint and watched the crackles appear!  Once this was dry it was covered with varnish to stop the paint from flaking off...


To create a panel for the centre I used Spectrum Aqua pens.  I chose a few different shades of blue and scribbled them in patches onto a piece of acetate.  After spritzing the ink with water I pressed a piece of card into it and moved it around to make sure all the areas were covered...


To add some extra interest to the frame I stamped one of the butterfly stamps from the set around the frame using versamark then embossed with white powder...


Using a Versafine ink pad I stamped out a selection of the butterflies and then cut them out.  I used Spectrum Aqua pens and a water brush to colour them in then sprayed them with Pearl Diamond to add extra shimmer...


I chose one of the sentiments from the same set to stamp onto the same coloured card as the background.  This was then cut out using a pierced flag die from Sue Wilson and backed onto black...


Finally the pieces were placed and stuck to the frame using glue gel...




I hope you like my first project!  I really enjoyed making it and hope you will stay tuned to all of Leonie's demonstrations.  They continue tomorrow at 9am, 12pm, 4pm and 7pm.

If you go on over to my design team mates blogs they will also have some inspiration to show you...

* Nick: http://nickinbarnsley.blogspot.co.uk/
* Katrina: http://cornishkat.blogspot.co.uk/
* Elaine: http://cakecoffeefcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

So do please go and take a look :)

I will be back tomorrow morning with another sample from the shows!

Enjoy the rest of your evening,

Jane x

No comments:

Post a Comment