Monday 11 July 2016

Mixed Media Monday: Beach Hut Fun

Hello!

I thought I would try to encourage summer to appear today with a summer/holiday fun project!

This piece is being entered into the following challenges...

* Mixed Media Mojo: Summertime
* Anything But Cute: Summertime Fun
* Craft Stamper: Anything Goes (include stamping)

Here is my project...

 
I started with a blank MDF shrine from Creative Expressions, which I put together and prepared with white gesso.  I wanted to create a weathered beach hut look so Americana Décor crackle was added then blue chalk paint and finally a coat of satin varnish...
 


The sentiment is from an IndigoBlu set, and I raided my seashore stash where I had little bits and bobs related to the seaside that I had collected over time...


Stamps from Stamp Addicts were used for the bucket and beach hut.  These were coloured with Spectrum Aqua pens and coated with glossy accents...


The sand was created using Stampendous embossing powder and then copper microbeads by Prima in 3D matt gel...


This was fun to make and I have a couple more of these little shrines to play with still!

I will be back tomorrow with another project from the last Leonie Pujol launch,

Jane x

No comments:

Post a Comment