Monday 26 September 2016

Mixed Media Monday: Tando Flower Workshop

Hello!

I hope you had a great weekend and are ready for the new week.
We had our second trip off the Isle of Wight in a week with a trip over to Southampton and Eastleigh for a workshop at Bella Crafts with Di Oliver from Tando.
First I have to say what a fab place Bella Crafts is!  They have activities for children to drop in and do as well as loads of different classes and workshops for all ages.  They also have a fantastic selection of goodies in their shop!!!  If you would like to find out more then click HERE to go to the website (I am not on commission!).

My youngest and oldest children (aged 4 and 14) did some painting and decorating whilst me and my other daughter took part in a workshop with the lovely Di Oliver from Tando Creative (click HERE for her website).  This is what we created...

 
The one on the left is my daughter's who is 11 years old, I was really impressed with how well she did with very little assistance and I actually prefer her leaves to mine!
 
We used lots of different techniques and the whole piece took about 3 hours to complete.  We used a Tando flower pot kit plus Decoart paints, gesso, crackle glaze and antiquing cream.
 
Here on the petals of the flower you can see the effect of a thin layer of crackle glaze with raw umber antiquing cream applied once dry...
 



We also used tissue paper and matt medium to create a textured look on the leaves.  A wash of sap green paint added the veins...


The pot was given extra texture and depth with dry brushing...


Dripping the watered down paint from the top added interest to the background...


We used so many different techniques and I can highly recommend Di's workshops!

Here is what the others got up to too...




A fun day was had by all (well maybe not the husband, but he was given lots of cups of coffee!!).

Thank you for reading and looking, hopefully I will see you again next time...

Jane x

No comments:

Post a Comment