Wednesday 12 October 2016

Stepper Card for Leonie...

Hello again!

Today I thought I would share a bit of  different card for me that I made using the Leonie Pujol embossing folder with my design team samples. 
I have always tended to make square cards with decorated fronts but not really any speciality style cards.  So this year I have been challenging myself to try out a wider range of cards and boxes etc. that require a bit more 'engineering'.
With that in mind I decided to try out a simple stepper card following instructions that had been in a paper crafting magazine.  Here is the card I made...


I am sure that there are lots of instructions out there in internet land for making a stepper card so I will tell you about how I decorated it instead!  The background for each layer was made from a piece of card put through the 'Baublelicious' embossing folder.  I then used distress ink to colour it (peeled paint) and gold Pebeo gilding wax over the raised baubles.  Using a spectrum aqua marker I coloured in the berries ad topped them with some glossy accents...


The tree sections, baubles and presents were stamped (using versamark and gold embossing powder) with the tree stamp set and then coloured with  aqua markers before being cut out and layered up on the steps of the card...


The sentiment came from the Christmas sentiments set, stamped and heat embossed in gold, and was then cut out with a circle punch...


I really enjoyed trying a different style of card and am going to make sure that I continue to look at new ways of creating projects.

Tomorrow morning I am going to post about a giveaway that I am planning for when I reach 50 followers and then at 8pm there will be a post to coincide with Leonie's new launch.  Here are the details again and one more sneaky peek...



I hope you are able to join me again tomorrow!

Jane x

No comments:

Post a Comment