Friday 4 November 2016

An Autumnal Display for Creative Artiste

 
Hello!
 
It is the first Friday of a new month which means that it is time for a new challenge over at Creative Artiste. 
To take a look at all the fantastic design team projects and to enter your own creation, please click HERE.
This months sponsor for the challenge is Foilplay...
 
 
http://www.foilplay.co.uk/

My project was influenced by the scene that I can see through my patio doors at this time of year.  We live next to a small piece of woodland and at the moment the trees are all sorts of beautiful colours (as well as leaving lots of that colour in our garden!!).  So I decided to make an autumnal plaque using some leaf stamp and dies that were part of the free gifts with Crafter's Inspiration 11...


I started with a blank paper mache icon which was base coated with white gesso before adding light paste through an Artplorations stencil (leaf print)...



Once the paste was thoroughly dry I used Decoart paints to colour the plaque (burnt sienna, transparent yellow iron oxide, quinacridone gold, metallic gold)...


Then Decoart crackle glaze was applied in areas across the plaque and allowed to air dry (this is important because many crackle products will not work if heated with a heat tool to dry).  Once it was dry antiquing cream was applied (raw umber) and then the excess wiped back using a piece of damp kitchen roll...



For the flora and fauna I used the leaf stamps and dies from the magazine as well as the daisy and leaf stamps and dies from Heartfelt Creations.  These were all stamped using Archival ink (sepia) and were then coloured using Spectrum Aqua markers (gold, desert, terracotta, burgundy) mixed with the clear sparkle pen.  Some Pebeo gold gilding wax was also added and a Creative Expressions sparkler added to the centre of the flower...


 
I used the 'Most Beautiful' sentiment from Inkylicious, stamped in archival sepia ink, cut out using  a Justrite vintage labels 2.  The edges were then brushed with tea dye distress ink...
 
 
All the pieces were added to the plaque using glue gel, plus some gold stamens from Anna Marie Designs and some mini pine cones that I bought at a local store...
 
 
Hopefully this will give you a bit of autumn inspiration to enter the challenge, I would love to see you over there!
 
I am back with another post tomorrow as the new set of stamps from Hunkydory 'For the Love of Stamps' will be launching on Create and Craft at 10am.  I will be posting some of my favourite samples that I created as part of the design team and will be tuning in to see Anne Marie demonstrate them, hopefully you will too!
 
Jane x
 


 





No comments:

Post a Comment