Friday 18 November 2016

Hearts and Flowers

Hello!

I hope you had a chance to catch some of Leonie's shows yesterday, I really enjoyed seeing the demos and also the samples, including some by the new design team members!

Today I thought I would show a couple of new cards that I made using the entwined heart dies in combination with some of the floral stamps that were also on the shows...

 
This card was created using the Big Heart (Floral Cascade) along with the butterfly from the Folk Heart base.  I kept the inside of the heart that had been die cut and coloured it using gilding wax to create a contrast when the elements were put back together.  The Beautiful Blooms stamps were used in the background as well as then stamped, cut out and shaped for the focal elements.  Finally the sentiment came from the message ribbons stamps.
 
 
For this card I wanted to use a different colour scheme from purple or pink so went for blues.  The background was created using the Dizzy Daisy stamp set and coloured using Spectrum Illustrator pens, with Broken China distress ink blended around the edges.  I also watered down some gold paint to flick onto the background for extra detail.  The Folk hearts were used to create a solid and detailed heart in coordinating colours and finally some of the message ribbon stamps used again for that finishing touch of a sentiment.
 
Starting today on HOCHANDA is also the Weekend Wow from Crafter's Companion for which I have also made some design team samples!!  There are lovely dies that are great for creating really elegant cards, boxes and lots more and I will put some of my projects on here tomorrow as well.
 
I hope you have a good end to your week and are looking forward to the weekend, hopefully I will see you back again soon,
 
Jane x 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment