Wednesday 1 March 2017

Altered Eclectics: A Rusty Canvas

Hello!

I apologise for having been missing in action from my blog but I have been very busy with different design team work which will be appearing on here over the next few days!

As it is the first day of a new month there is a new challenge over on the Altered Eclectics challenge blog, (I will put a link at the end of the post) this challenge is for all mixed media and altered art, the only projects not allowed are cards and ATC's.

I have a love of all things rusty and wanted to have a go at trying some of the techniques that Andy Skinner demonstrates using Decoart products so and here is the altered canvas board that I created...

 
I started by using white gesso to coat the canvas board before adding texture paste through the Andy Skinner Industrial stencil and some extra areas of sand texture paste around the edges of the board.

Once this had all dried thoroughly the cogs (from Tando Creative) were also prepared with gesso, these were then added to the canvas...



The whole project was then painted using a mixture of paynes grey and prussian blue.  Then some yellow and red oxide was added before finally a mix of paynes grey and quinacridone gold were dripped from the top to give the really rusty look.

Once I was happy with the colours some patina and gold gilding waxes were rubbed over the texture.

Finally I used some sentiments from the Lost and Found collection from 7 Dots Studio...



I really enjoyed creating this and if it has inspired you to create your own altered or mixed media project please take a look at the other design team projects over on the challenge blog and it would be great if you would enter a project to share.  Click HERE to go straight there!

I will be back tomorrow evening at 8pm as there is a One Day Special launch of the new Leonie Pujol products, so it would be lovely if you came back to take a look!

Jane x

No comments:

Post a Comment